About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and are part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family has an exciting opportunity for Production Underwriter Trainees to join our Commercial Lines Team in our Glenmont (Albany), NY Office!
The primary responsibilities of Production Underwriter Trainees are:
· Communicating effectively with agents to obtain necessary information for underwriting procedures
· Following set guidelines on risk selection standards to underwrite policies
· Computing premiums for transactions, including new business, policy renewals and policy changes
· Coding and inputting information into appropriate online systems
The Underwriting Department is comprised of nearly 40 employees dedicated to serving our customer – the agent. We are very proud of our commitment to insurance education and many on our team have insurance designations including.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong typing speed and accuracy
· Prior experience in a customer service position preferred
· Prior work experience in an insurance setting a plus
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 13 months ago