About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies.
Farm Family is looking for Underwriters to join our Commercial & Agricultural Lines Teams!
The primary responsibilities of an Underwriter I within our Commercial/Agricultural teams are:
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as an understanding of property and casualty insurance fundamentals.
- Underwriting new business or renewals for assigned agencies
- Work collaboratively with our captive agency field force to obtain information
- regarding risk clarification and required underwriting/rating data
- Advisment with agents of coverage requirements
- Development and maintenance of professional relationships with assigned agencies
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in property and casualty insurance industry
- Prior underwriting experience strongly preferred
- AINS, AU, or CPCU designation preferred