Analyzes loan requests to determine documentation needed: prepares loan documents; corresponds with loan officer and assistant for needed items and clarification on loan requests. Engages attorneys; reviews title commitment and other due diligence items and notifies loan officer of issues needing to be remedied. Books loans; images and indexes loan documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Analyzes the loan requests and requests any additional documentation that may be
• Obtains and prepares the necessary loan documents needed to secure all types of Commercial loans
• Corresponds, as necessary, with commercial lender and/or Relationship Manager to understand details of transaction.
• Prepares the engagement letters for attorneys and/or title companies
• Reviews title commitments for accuracy and any issues that may need to be resolved
• Coordinates loan closings with Lenders and others within the department
• Notifies Lender of loan status and any issues that may arise
• Reviews the HUD1/Settlement Statement prepared by the closing attorney for accuracy and advises attorney of any necessary changes or corrections.
• Keeps documentation exceptions to a minimum.
• Files pertinent information as requested.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma – AA preferred
• Minimum of 4 years experience in a consumer or commercial loan area or a related field
• Familiarity with commercial lending programs and guidelines is preferred
• Knowledge of commercial lending terminology and pre-closing documentation is
• Strong organizational, analytical and oral/written communication skills
• Ability to organize workflow, sense of-accuracy and attention-to-details required
• Flexibility with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work both independently and as a team
• Proficiency with Laser Pro and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, speak and sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in an office environment with cubicles, and private offices
• Use of computer, telephone
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...