Posting Job Title: Commercial Major Account Exec
Requisition #: 138705BR
Posting Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Area of Interest: Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
As a technology leader in the telecommunications industry and one of the largest cable operators in the nation, Time Warner Cable Business Class has a uniquely strong marketplace position. We built our business on the single focus of being a best-in-class telecommunications service provider, and we are looking for best-in-class sales leaders to join us in our drive to success.
The Major Account Executive position is a senior consultative field sales position within our Business Class commercial sales team. Individuals in this position are responsible for voice, data and video sales within a defined sales territory, vertical or industry segment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements sales plans for assigned portfolios, including clearly defined strategies that maximize revenue opportunities of new clients
- Responsible for the account management and upsell of "named accounts" as assigned
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, phone and video sales
- Understands the communication needs of enterprise business clients and designs solutions to meet those complex business needs
- Conducts face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective customers
- Prepares and presents professional sales proposals and presentations that align with client business goals and objectives
- Self-generates leads through industry networking, vertical trade shows and working defined "named account" lists
- Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
- Maintains all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
- Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of most sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support and marketing personnel
- Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
Education and Experience:
- Seven to ten years of successful telecommunications sales experience required
- Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding revenue quota
- Proven business to business sales experience with "C level" decision makers required
- Strong working knowledge of computer networking, LAN and WAN technologies, high-capacity and fiber connected networks required
- Excellent communication, presentation, closing and negotiation skills required
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment is required
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
Additional Educational Information (if any): Telecommunications industry experience required.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
FCC Unit_TWC: 5675
Controlling Establishment ID: 00131 - San Antonio Blue Crest
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable - 23 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...