This individual will be responsible for identifying and pursuing commercial business opportunities in a specific market by directing and assisting the commercial sales team in their sales efforts. This position works in concert with the residential market sales team.
Market Channel Identification
- Evaluate which market channels in the market offer the maximum potential, while taking into consider the channels in which Empire is most proficient. Market channel identification should be based on Empire stocked and configured commercial products.
- Using the Commercial Business Weekly Call Sheets and the Business Channels and Lead Distribution matrix, build a Market Channel Focus Packet with each member of the commercial sales team.
- Maintain and update the Market Channel Focus Packet with new businesses identified in Commercial Business Weekly Call Sheets.
- Ensure all commercial reps (CAE, CAC, CAR) submit weekly call sheets and utilize this information to analyze progress, results, new leads, and hot prospects.
- Track target market channel infiltration activity, progress, and results for each team member from data included on the weekly call sheets.
Commercial Sales Team
- Hire and manage a commercial sales team with the guidance and approval of the Regional Commercial Sales Manager (RCSM) and with input from the market General Manager. Team should include all three commercial sales positions of Commercial Account Estimator (CAE), Commercial Account Consultant (CAC), and Commercial Account Representatives (CAR) based on available market channels, size, and needs.
- Work with each commercial team member to develop personal sales goals, a business plan to achieve the goals, and a focus target market channel.
- Hold monthly meetings with each team member to review performance goals and improvement plans.
- Go on regular ride alongs with commercial staff and select residential sales contractors to provide guidance, insight, experience, and assistance with larger or more complex jobs.
- Assist RSR’s, CAR’s, and CAC’s with pricing and estimates for small commercial jobs (defined as not special order products that are less than 5,000 sq. ft. and/or less than $10,000).
- Review all pricing requests and purchase orders prior to submission by CAC’s for the first 60 days in the role and for all pricing request and orders submitted by CAR’s, CAE’s and RSR’s before submission to the local market and commercial business.
- Ensure all commercial sales market team members have current samples and price sheets at all times for all stocked and configured products.
- Conduct weekly commercial sales meetings for commercial sales staff.
- With guidance and approval from the CRSM, run quarterly sales contests and promotions for improved performance and goal achievement incentives.
- Provide individual training as necessary to teach proper procedures, performance standards, and documentation requirements.
- Coordinate with the Residential Sales Manager (RSM) by presenting the Commercial Info Share module to the new residential sales contractor info share class.
- Working with the RSM, establish a regular schedule for providing commercial info share information to residential sales contractors at weekly sales meetings no less than once a month.
- Establish and maintain two separate commercial product sample libraries with one for stocked and configured products and one for special order products. Implement a method to track items checked in and checked out.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on sales team performance.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
- 5 years commercial sales and sales management experience preferably in the floor covering industry.
- Ideal candidate will have a background and work history that supports the ability to build, grow, and successfully manage a sales team.
- Strong experience with both dealer and direct B2B sales experience.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing sales plans built on targeted strategies.
- Excellent business sales skills (i.e. communication through writing, presentation development, delivery, and project management) .
- Strong oral communication skills (with internal and external partners).
- Strong ability to motivate a team.
- Good ability to lead initiatives.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- T akeoff skills and experience with various measure systems.
- Knowledge of Home Improvement or Retail Industry is a plus .
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing is preferred.
Computer Knowledge Requirements: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
North Carolina [NC]
United States [US]
Our mission at Empire Today® is to secure loyal customers for life. Our employees strongly believe in this mission and work hard every...