In this role, you will be expected to:
- Structure, underwrite, and close complex syndicated and single-bank commercial loans.
- Manage portfolio reviews, collateral exceptions, borrowing bases, delinquencies, and other reporting.
- Manage risk on an ongoing basis by monitoring customer creditworthiness, adherence to loan terms, and general business conditions.
- Provide credit recommendations to the appropriate level of credit administration.
Other Traits and Characteristics:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience underwriting and documenting commercial loans.
- Experience in underwriting and assessing risk of capital market products.
- Previous formalized credit training required.
- Demonstrated success structuring complex credits: researching, judging and presenting information verbally and in writing, and creating documentation to support the credit and minimize risk.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated leadership experience by having provided coaching, skill development, and feedback to team members.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- High level of professionalism.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: To demonstrate our commitment to health and wellness, Huntington will not hire any candidate who uses tobacco or any nicotine product including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff or snus, nicotine gum, the nicotine patch or any other kind of nicotine replacement product (where permitted by applicable state law). Candidates applying for positions in those states will be notified of this practice during the recruitment process and, if offered a position, will be screened for cotinine ( to check for use of tobacco and/or nicotine products and/or nicotine replacement therapy products ) before they begin employment. If the position to which youre applying is covered by this practice, the job application will provide greater detail as to what constitutes tobacco use.
Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Based on experience this position may be hired at the senior level
Huntington Bancshares is the holding company for The Huntington National Bank, which operates about 650 branches in Indiana, Kentucky,...