- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, utilizing defined project methodologies
- Familiarity with project management and financial software/systems
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and tight timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Advanced interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills and ability to interact well with employees, vendors and contractors at all levels.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products. Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
Project Manager will lead Commercial and Consumer Finance projects and serve as the point person for those projects. They will lead the coordination and implementation while promoting the value of project management to project stakeholders and enterprise constituents. Projects will involve participation from and have an impact on multiple functions and lines of Commercial and Consumer finance in order to support strategic initiatives.
Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements
- Successfully drive projects, meeting scope, budget, quality and timeline goals
- Execute First Niagara project methodology as defined
- Partner with and establish strong relationships with IT, business unit stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to collaborate on effective project solutions
- Create and maintain project plans, identify enterprise-wide impact of projects
- Prepare budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Estimate costs, time and resource requirements
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Build strong relationships with business partners
- Manages all efforts required for successful project completion
- Coordinate timely and effective communication with the project team
- Ensure all documentation is complete and filed
First Niagara Financial Group - 16 months ago