The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Commercial Project Manager is fully responsible for the oversight and management of the project cycle for Commercial PV project within a given regional site. Responsibilities include: interfacing with the customer to schedule work and coordinate services; defining the schedule and budget to meet contract requirements; oversight of the design process through plan-check and permitting when necessary; defining elements of work and soliciting bids for subcontracted work as required; providing direction and coordination of all field activities related to the physical construction of the PV array by SolarCity installation teams and any coordinated subcontracts; managing the project schedule throughout the project lifecycle; and securing any unique materials and/or equipment required to complete the project. He or she reports to, carries out the direction of the Regional Operations Manager relative to their assigned project(s) in the region.
- Manage the project cycle for commercial PV Projects.
- Participate in design, process, and permit submittal.
- Oversee all field teams and installation progress.
- Define elements of work and develop scope of work for subcontracts.
- Manage bid process for subcontracted work.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Develop and manage project schedule using MS Project.
- Arrange, schedule and conduct key project meetings.
- Additional duties required as needed
- Education: BS/BA in engineering, architecture, or construction related discipline.
- 5-7 years of construction related experience; 3-5 of that in PV Solar industry experience.
- Knowledge of commercial construction including practices and sequence of work.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial PV installations, and wiring configurations.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, subcontracts, and the bid process.
- Basic knowledge of commercial electrical systems.
- Ability to manage budgets and schedules.
- Experience managing matrixed project teams
- Certifications: NABCEP; Certified Project Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record. (example, no DUI in the last 5 years)
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
SolarCity - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Ready to get off the grid? SolarCity can help. The company sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert...