The Commercial Property Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of commercial property claims including those which are complex in coverage and represent large damage exposures.
- Handle primary and excess/surplus lines property claims and provide a strong technical commercial expertise with exceptional customer service.
- Provide a thorough analysis of coverage, supervise detailed field investigations, and manage the use and oversight of independent adjusters and experts.
- Possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of previous experience and a Florida Adjusters License.
- Experience with commercial risks and property litigation in the U.S., while handling property claims from start to finish.
- Experience with commercial coverage declinations and commercial catastrophe claims, including hurricane, hail, and/or tornadoes. Reinsurance experience is a plus.
- Experience with the various forms of commercial property policies (Business Owner, Commercial Multi-Peril, Commercial Output), and various markets including habitational apartments/condos, warehouse, main street/small business, middle and large markets.
- Skilled in analyzing property coverage in both primary and excess policies including Building coverage, Business Personal Property, Business Interruption/Extra Expense, Inland Marine, Spoliation, Water, Ordinance or Law, and Equipment Breakdown.
- General understanding of applicable statutes, building codes, regulations and case law.
- Prior experience as a field adjuster or field General Adjuster is not required but helpful. Commercial Casualty experience is not required but a plus. Engineering or Construction backgrounds a plus.
- Maintain constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives, and possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Word, etc.). Proficiency in using claims systems (e.g. Xactimate) is a plus.
- There may be some travel associated with large loss catastrophe claim handling.
Weston Insurance Mangement LLC is a Miami-based property & casualty insurer formed in February of 2012, to offer wind-only coverage for...