The Commercial Rear Load Driver drives assigned Commercial routes to pick up and load Commercial Customers’ waste as well as transports this waste to a designated local landfill/disposal area.
· Drives a CMV up to legal limits allowed (as regulated by DOT) and may require weekend and / or holiday work.
· Safely empties Commercial dumpsters into truck using rear hydraulic forks.
· Responsible for the safe operation of the truck which includes: pre-trip and post-trip inspections, evaluation of materials left for collections, determination of whether those materials include any hazardous materials, decision making and judgment regarding what materials may be placed safely in the truck for transport, and ensures the safety of each employee encountered.
· Communicates professionally with customers and reports any customer issues / complaints to appropriate internal contacts.
· Completes route / productivity sheets, records mileage, fuel consumption, log book (as required), Vehicle Condition Reports, and other forms.
· Ensures truck cab and body are clean.
· Maintains compliance with all applicable Company and Governmental regulations.
· May enter customer route information in on-board computer systems.
· The ability to get in and out of the truck repeatedly throughout the workday.
· Valid Class A or B CDL with airbrakes endorsement.
· One (1) year of experience within the past two (2) years in a CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle) with a GVWR of over 26,001 pounds.
· Experience with hydraulic systems, preferably within the waste industry.
· Experience with a manual transmission.
· Must be 21 years of age or older (per DOT requirements).
· Must be able to read and write in English (per DOT requirements).
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Preferred
Performs work outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must regularly life, carry, push, pull and / or move up to 50 pounds, frequently life and / or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds throughout the work day.
Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug/alcohol free work environment