Jacobs Associates' project office at the District of Colombia Water and Sewer Authority Blue Plains site has an immediate opening for a Commercial Manager. The Commercial Manager is in charge of all contract administration oversight including contract language interpretation and contract changes, for professional services (design and CM) and construction (design-bid-build and design-build) contracts on the Clean Rivers Project. Ensures consistency of contract administration and application of contract language across all contracts.
- Provide guidance to CCMs on contract administration matters and contract language interpretation
- Review all correspondence from DC Water/PCO to Contractors/Consultants related to commercial issues.
- Review change order negotiation positions as prepared by the CCM prior to negotiations.
- Attend negotiation sessions between CCM and Contractor.
- Make recommendations for expenditure of allowance funds and change orders to DC Water.
- Coordinate with PCO and CCM scheduling staff and evaluate assessment of time extension requests
- Coordinate with PCO and CCM estimating staff on pricing of changes and claims to assure consistent use of rates, productivity standards and markups.
- Assist in analyzing claims and preparing Dispute Review Board presentations.
- Provide feedback on contract provisions for incorporation into future contracts
- Ensure a Quality Assurance/Quality Control review of all completed contract administration work products
- Reviewing and tracking costs for scope change to consultants’ contracts
- Supervises maintenance of documentation for all executed contracts and contract change orders
- Bachelors degree in engineering, construction management or related field
- 15 + years experience in construction, preferably in underground or heavy civil construction
- Knowledge of elements of cost on design and construction contracts
- Knowledgeable about best practices in construction contract administration
- Background in analysis and assessment of construction delays, including CPM methodology
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personality that encourages avoidance and early resolution of disputes
- Promotes a collaborative working relationship with contractor and consultant staff
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications