Summary This position requires a critical skill-set and level experience in areas that are not easily duplicated in the market. Proactively executes integrated sales, service and relationship strategies to support growth and retention of commercial clients that have borrowing needs for complex commercial, consumer, energy and/or mortgage loans. Develops new-to-bank business relationships, as well as cross-marketing/needs fulfillment for existing clients, through segment-based sales plans to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leads the formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic plans and objectives to increase market share/penetration and maximize opportunities for growth throughout the marketplace.
- Provides strong, compassionate and visible leadership, which fosters positive attitudes and trust among employees, clients and prospects.
- Provides product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assists in closing deals across all products.
- Judges potential qualified clients/deals, structuring deals to balance risk and reward, recognizing early warning signs and closely monitoring clients to anticipate changes in risk rating. Proactively identifies issues and restructures relationship to mitigate potential future risk.
- Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Partners with other CTB businesses (i.e. Treasury, Retail, Mortgage, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
- Maintains frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
- Through extensive involvement, leads local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and on providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the middle market companies housed in the marketplace.
- Oversees and ensures safe and sound underwriting/credit practices and overall leadership of a sound lending activity.
- Strictly adheres to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensures that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
Analytical and Design - Synthesizes complex information; Collects and researches data; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions.
Interpersonal Skills/Customer Service - Maintains confidentiality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
Oral and Written Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
Judgment and Motivation - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Adaptability and Innovation - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Attendance/Punctuality and Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; preferably in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field; minimum five years strong performance in client relations in commercial banking with an emphasis on energy lending, investments, or sales arenas, preferably within roles of increasing responsibilities. Must have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking and an ability to quickly learn new products and services .
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use basic office machines.
Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovated approaches. Must be a self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace. Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
Bank Culture/Customer Service Skills
Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, customers and supervisor. Ability to serve customers, both internal and external, (community/public) in a manner that will reflect superior customer relations and enhance the overall marketing effort of Community Trust.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Community Trust Bank shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the Bank’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the Bank’s sole discretion.
Community Trust Bank - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard