The attorney in this position would be resident in the NextEra Energy Juno Beach, Florida headquarters, and would provide legal support primarily to the NextEra Energy Resources Distributed Generation and the Utility-Scale Solar Development groups, under the direction and supervision of the lead attorney assigned to support these groups.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, including power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, purchase and sale agreements, joint development or other collaborative agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other commercial agreements;
- Legal due diligence of acquisition opportunities and other potential transactions;
- Identifying and guarding against legal risks arising in the course of transactions;
- Delivering timely and quality legal services to the teams; and
- Avoiding the need for outside counsel on routine legal matters.
Bachelor’s Degree, Juris Doctor degree, 5-8 years law practice, and (a) admission to the Florida Bar or (b) one state (non-Florida) bar admission and a House Counsel certification from the Florida Bar. Candidates with prior experience in mergers and acquisitions of renewable assets are strongly preferred.
NextEra Energy, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard