The Sales Associate is responsible for providing positive front-line contact with the customer. Determines and meets customer's needs. Provides customer assistance and support, while selling merchandise and Protection Agreements to customers. Sales Associates are responsible for ensuring that the customer's shopping experience is positive and assists in achieving store sales, Protection Agreement and Credit goals. The Sales Associate abides by The Code of Business Conduct and overall business practices with the highest level of integrity. The Sales Associate must have day, evening and weekend availability to work. * Directly provide consultative selling and service to customers. Interact with customers to determine and meet customer needs, provide assistance and support, and ensure a positive shopping experience. This includes ringing of sales through the POS system
* Provides customer service in the areas of kitchen design, installation, and contract sales. This individual will be part of a team responsible for designing and selling total kitchen solutions.
* Protect Company assets by following Sears policy for the handling of sales detail, processing, and sorting.
* Maintain the sales floor standards. This includes floor recovery, housekeeping and presentation standards in the unit.
* Maintain a working knowledge of product lines by regularly reviewing product manuals and training.
* Ensure that selling processes are followed and sales performance standards are met (e.g., Credit "May I" program and Protection Agreements).
* Fully optimize Credit and other Miscellaneous Income opportunities and ensure performance standards are met within the department.
* Demonstrate asset protection awareness.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: no requirement * Previous sales experience desirable
* Kitchen design experience that includes use of online design tools
* Exposure to installation and contract sales desirable
* Basic Mathematical skills
* Customer Service Focus
* Strong drive for results
Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores - 12 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...