The Consultative Sales Associate is responsible for enhancing the experience of customers and driving profitable sales by providing proactive consultative sales assistance and support to the customer, achieving department standards and goals, and performing sales-support activities to maintain a clean, in-stock, orderly and well-merchandised sales floor for conducting sales activities.
Takes ownership for enhancing the customer experience, assisting customers by utilizing approved consultative selling practices
and guidelines to identify customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
customer solutions when the product is not available in the store
- Meets or exceeds associate performance standards consistently
- Understands website navigation, and proactively leverages technology in order to facilitate the customer experience and provide
match and price protection policies; and, if applicable, delivery, installation and/or service options to respond to customer needs
- Maintains current knowledge of merchandise lines; product features, benefits and availability; Sears Advantages, such as the price
Agreements, Sears Purchase Protect, delivery, installation and other miscellaneous income opportunities)
- Optimizes credit, gift card, Shop Your Way Rewards and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable, Protection
- Processes customer transactions in the Point of Sale system, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with
merchandise, assist customers, answer phones and ring register)
- Completes required training in the expected timeframe, and participates in ongoing learning opportunities
- Partners with other selling and sales support associates and cashiers to provide superior customer service (i.e., locate
housekeeping for associates in all departments (and ad set up/take down for associates in Home Appliances, Fine Jewelry and
- Maintains merchandise standards and ready all day standards within assigned departments, including replenishment and
Footwear; pad set up for associates in Home Improvement)
Basic reading, arithmetic, and writing and oral communication skills. Basic Internet navigation skills. Sales experience preferred. Knowledge of offered products and services.
- Uses basic internet navigation to access and print information and reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores - 6 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...