Under limited direction, provides clerical and administrative support services for Commissioners Court meetings. Attends Commissioners Court Voting, Executive, Budget and Road District Voting sessions and prepares official records. Serves as custodian of official court records. Creates and maintains digital records and electronic tracking systems. Directs the transfer of digital information to proper media and retrieves information when necessary. Works with Records Management staff on procedures for proper storage, retrieval and preservation of court records.
This is a job classification within the Administrative Support job family.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posts official notices of Commissioners Court meetings with appropriate authorities and within time requirements established by law. Attends Commissioners Court Voting, Executive, Budget and Road District Voting sessions. Uses the case management system, records the actions of the Commissioners Court and prepares the official minutes.
- Submits minutes to court for approval and distributes approved minutes to departments, Executive Managers and others as requested. Advises Elected Officials and staff on agenda items. Serves as a primary resource person to employees and officials and to the general public for information on actions taken by the Court.
- Receives, maintains and updates all official records and original documents from the court's meetings and processes them in accordance with government code. Prepares documents for imaging and converts scanned materials to digital format. Serves as primary quality control agent. Downloads, indexes and converts source computer output files into searchable reports. Conducts manual and computer searches for internal and external customers. Certifies documents when appropriate.
- Supervises the daily maintenance and backup of all electronic data pertaining to all electronic tracking systems of Commissioners Court records. Maintains production reports and files on a weekly basis. Maintains computer hardware, software, and scanning equipment needed for the document management system. Collects and analyzes statistical data retrieved from the imaging software workflow and production reports and creates reports for Division Manager. Works with Records Management staff to ensure efficient storage, retrieval and preservation of original Commissioners Court records.
- Directs, trains, and assigns work to temporary staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Management or a directly related field AND three (3) years of increasingly responsible clerical and administrative work experience;
Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Governmental, word processing, and data base management computer experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commissioners Court proceedings.
- Recording equipment.
- Digital imaging hardware and software.
- Records maintenance protocol.
- Computer equipment to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and a variety of software packages.
- Business letter writing, grammar and punctuation, and report preparation.
- Recording all Commissioners Court proceedings.
- Transcribing court minutes accurately and completely.
- Providing official documents in multiple media formats.
- Documenting, filing, storing and retrieving official Commissioners Court documents and materials.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Research, process, and analyze a large volume of information and materials, to make decisions about manual and automated record keeping and indexing to ensure easy and accurate retrieval.
- Organize work, and work independently.
- Answer questions related to court activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with County employees and officials, representatives of outside agencies, and the general public.
Work Environment & Other Information:
Physical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 20-50 pounds occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment. Subject to sitting, client/customer contact, standing, walking, vision to monitor, repetitive motion, stooping/kneeling, squatting, bending, and reaching to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Location: 1000 Guadalupe Street, Downtown Austin
Department: County Clerk
Criminal, Education & Employment Background Check Required
Travis County - 18 months ago