Intelligrated is recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer for our Emeryville, CA location. In this integral position you will design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications. This person will also support and/or install software applications/operating systems. In addition, you will participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of onsite installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Install UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, Informix and proprietary in-house software on customer owned servers.
- Knowledgeable in SQL commands.
- Stage servers in house for Software and Quality Assurance Departments
- Deliver systems including servers and peripherals to customer site and oversee installation and configuration of proprietary hardware and software.
- Check out and approve operational quality of system equipment such as PC's, scanners and printers in-house and at customer site.
- Instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Interpret customers' needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps or engineers.
- Tune, trouble shoot and resolve existing hardware and software issues (RF, Scanners, Printers, EASYpick hardware etc).
- Support start up for customer in house and at site and provide ongoing 2nd level technical support receiving escalations form 1st level 24hr all desk.
Bachelor degree in related area
Strong system(s) administration skills
2 years installing and configuring UNIX machines with software and other peripherals
Working knowledge of UNIX, X-Windows, Informix SQL, and Ethernet TCP/IP
Some knowledge of RS-232 Communications, Ethernet
Hardware troubleshooting skills would be a plus
40-60% Travel is required
Intelligrated ( www.intelligrated.com ) is a leading North American-based, single-point provider of automated material handling solutions with operations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Brazil. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Intelligrated designs, manufactures and installs complete material handling automation solutions, including conveyor systems, IntelliSort® sortation systems, Alvey® palletizers and robotics, Real Time Solutions® order fulfillment systems, warehouse control software and advanced machine controls—all supported by 24X7 Customer Service and Support.
Through its New York-based subsidiary company, Knighted® ( www.knightedcs.com ), Intelligrated offers web-enabled logistics software for today’s supply chain operations including warehouse management software (WMS), warehouse control software (WCS) and labor management software (LMS).
Serving the warehousing, distribution, consumer product manufacturing, postal and parcel markets, Intelligrated collaborates closely with its clients to develop productivity solutions and support their needs throughout the life of their material handling systems.
Intelligrated helps businesses move products -- literally. The company makes and installs automated material handling equipment, including...