Commissioning Engineering Supervisor-23792
Xcel Energy is looking to add anEngineering Supervisor to a newly created Substation Commissioning department. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic innovative group!
Responsibility will include leading and coordinating with other departments to improve Commissioning process execution and related Substation commissioning standards by aligning Roles and Responsibilities to commissioning strategies and to optimize NERC and RRO documentation and evidence. Supervisor would be accountable to establish strong working relationships with internal and external customers. Supervisor will be a key focal point for advancing process and resource optimization whether with internal or external (contracted) resources.
Support the vision and strategic plan of the department by supervising and directing a team of engineers, and/or designers or other personnel who support the department's objectives. Individual in this position may also direct and provide guidance to personnel who are not under his/her direct supervision. The position will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the team, including review of engineering designs/solutions, making job assignments, coordinating with other departments, and employee development. It is anticipated that the person filling the position will spend approximately 25% of his/her time performing the duties of a Senior or Principal Engineer within the department.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Perform duties of either a Senior or Principal Engineer's within the department.
- Direct the work of the team by prioritizing and assigning work, developing goals and targets, and monitoring results. May modify, approve, seal or sign work done by CAD Operators, Designers or engineers under direct supervision. May approve Passport work orders.
- Represent the department as the point of contact for and establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers and coordinate departmental activities with those customers.
- Support and actively participate in the development of direct reports through training, mentoring, and succession development. May recommend direct reports for promotion within the engineering hierarchy.
- Conduct performance appraisals for employees under direct supervision. Assist department manager with hiring and disciplinary decisions. May serve as hiring authority for some or all direct report positions.
- Perform administrative duties, including approval of expense reports and IT requests
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- 6 years experience in delivery system engineering, design or operations
- Professional Engineer registration
- May be subject to on-call duty and overtime
Primary Location: TX-Amarillo
- Experience within the hiring department
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 2 years ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...