The Commodity Buyer will procure Indirect Materials and Services in accordance with the set by Global Supply Chain Management. The Commodity Buyer is expected to work closely with all functional groups in multiple countries/regions in order to obtain maximum value for Inteva and to promote the Inteva values when dealing with internal or external customers at all times.
The Commodity Buyer will be primarily responsible for the strategic sourcing of MET (Machinery, Equipment, and Tooling) and related services. Of equal importance are optimization of various internal processes related to the sourcing of MET, development of strategic supply base, and standardizing best practices across all Inteva Product Lines as it relates to MET and other commodities as assigned.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Procure MET and other commodities as assigned by applying strategic sourcing principles at the best level of TCO (Total Cost of Ownership).
• Develop, execute, and enhance commodity strategies for MET and other Indirect Materials and Services as assigned. Continuously enhance purchasing expertise and knowledge of global market trends.
• Actively support standardization and lean practices across all Inteva Product Lines globally. Drive optimization of the internal processes related to the procurement of MET.
• Identify and develop strategic sources for MET globally. Manage relationships with all suppliers, resolve supplier issues and optimize suppliers' performance.
• Pursue systematic cost reductions for the assigned commodities, report savings to the Corporate office on a regular basis.
• Execute comprehensive RFQ process and support functional users in timely manner while minimizing the risk and maximizing the value for Inteva.
• Support general business activities and requirements of the specific functional groups; carry out other duties as assigned.
Inteva Products, LLC - 2 years ago