PURPOSE OF POSITION: Ensure the implementation of agreements including rationalization of the supply base and establishment of goals for quality, delivery, cost and inventory.
- Conduct purchases by agreement, contract, or purchase order that meet purchasing policy
- Select turnkey suppliers using supply chain experience and knowledge
- Monitor/track vendor performance, Quality ratings and OTD
- Initiates and follows-up on corrective action if Supplier under-performs to agreed service levels
- Perform RFI’s and RFQ’s in support of manufacturing and engineering requirements
- Purchase quality and cost-effective inventory, MRO, and capital equipment to support production requirements
- Locate and validate new suppliers for cost savings that provide a quality product and on time delivery.
- Ensure that sufficient projects identified to obtain yearly PPV goals.
- Create bid packages + conduct bidding process for turnkey purchases
- Vendor Selection and Management (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Payment Terms and Package Size)
- Organize and lead quarterly business reviews for key and strategic suppliers
- Conduct consignment and VMI supplier Negotiations
- Utilize digital platform for PPV project tracking and conducting reverse auctions.
- Establish and maintain Supplier MIN/MAX requirements
- P-card implementation
- Plans flawless transitions with suppliers, ensuring an uninterrupted supply of materials
- Create Commodity strategies for strategic planning
- Resolve accounts payable concerns on a timely basis
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Direct Reports: None
- Internal Relationships : Order Entry, Purchasing, Buyer/Planners, Design Engineering, Manufacturing/Sustaining Engineering, Quality, Contracts Administration, Accounts Payable and Management Staff.
- External Relationships : Close Communication with suppliers
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Implementation of Kanban PO’s for all manufacturing cells
- Meet or Exceed PPV goal
- Supplier Lead time Reduction
- Supplier Consolidation-reduction
- Response to Open supplier issue
- Adherence to Purchase Order Procedures.
- Number of Invoicing Issues
PERSONAL TRAIT PROFILE:
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and it’s application to Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrated experience Negotiating and Sourcing vendors
- Knowledge of MRP, expediting, master scheduling & purchasing
- Solid understanding of Engineering Drawings (blueprints) and simple BOM structures.
- 4-year degree plus five  years relevant experience in MRP, supply chain management background expediting, and purchasing activities
- Excel, Word, Access, MS project
- Calculate ROI
- Statistical methods
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Effective oral and written communications in the English language
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated effective large project transitions in Supply Chain Management
SCOPE AND IMPAT OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills with minimal supervision
- Dependable/ reliable/ flexible
- Possess good judgment
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- The Commodity Manager has a major impact on the company’s ability to meet its quality, cost, delivery and inventory objectives. Customer satisfaction, ability to secure future programs, and overall reputation is greatly affected by their performance.
Meggitt - 17 months ago