Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
As a member of the Commodity Management Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Commodity Manager is a critical part of the Kindle development process and is responsible for formulating, communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their respective commodity which consists of the materials, supplies and components necessary to develop products for Lab126 customers. The commodity manager leads supplier sourcing / selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support production requirements. The commodity manager has an important role in ensuring that their respective commodity meets the technical and price specifications necessary for Lab126 to develop products which meet the technical and price specifications set forth by its customers.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development , cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites.
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment.
- Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management.
- Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a consumer electronics product company.
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Outlook / Access
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English; Mandarin is a plus
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
- Experience in Display related field is highly desirable.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...