Eaton Corporation's Hydraulics Group is in search for a Strategic and Global Commodity Manager who will support the Eaton Hydraulics Power and Motion Controls Business.
This person will strategically manage a global direct material supplier spend of up to $100M, manage multiple direct material commodities, and cover up to 23 manufacturing plants globally.
The Global Commodity Manager for designated commodities will initiate, develop, execute, and
manage global sourcing strategies and projects, that will meet the organizations significant growth, cost, quality, delivery and other prime goals.
Essential functions include:
- Initiate, develop, execute and manage global commodity strategies working with stakeholders. Ensure commodity strategies updated with latest internal and external environmental factors. Get organizational consensus and alignment behind the strategies, implement and execute to achieve prime goals. Work with business unit multifunctional product growth teams as supply chain team member.
- Build a strategic global supply base for the responsible commodities that meets the organizations performance and future global growth requirements. Manage the supply base to achieve these goals working with regional buying teams.
- Lead cost management for the commodity spend, develop a strategic project pipeline to cover the strategic planning horizon. Manage commodities cost down program, execute global cost down projects to plan using project management methodologies.
- Build positive strong strategic relationships with the strategic supply base.
- Lead supplier negotiations for responsible commodities.
- Negotiate, maintain Supplier contracts and commercial terms.
- Learn, develop and demonstrate commodity category and market expertise.
- Responsible for supply continuity and risk mitigation strategies for responsible commodities.
- Adhere to and promote Eaton s ethics and code of conduct.
- Master’s Degree
- 8 years combined experience global commodity sourcing or buying experience in a manufacturing industry
- CPM / CPSM preferred
- Hydraulics industry experience preferred
Eaton - 2 years ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...