Eaton Corporation’s Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Commodity Manager role supporting the Aerospace Corporate Supply Chain group. Candidates can be located at any Eaton North America Aerospace location.
*Please visit http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Markets/Aerospace/WorldwideLocations/index.htm
to review locations*
This position is responsible to strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies throughout Aerospace operations to improve performance metrics (quality, cost, delivery, technical, commercial, and financial). The role will require familiarity with the complete range of strategic sourcing activities including spend analysis, strategy formulation, contract negotiations, strategic supplier relationship management, supplier quality, and global awards. Candidate remains accountable for the implementation of Aerospace-wide sourcing commodity strategies and development and compliance at site level across multiple sites.
Manages a commodity within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing the following:
• Commodity and negotiation strategies including global sourcing
• Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and supply base rationalization
• Supply chain Materials solutions, including Vendor Managed Inventory and consignment stock
• Logistics – lowest total cost, Kitting, Integration strategies
• Deploy Eaton Corporation’s supplier agreements/terms to the Aerospace supply base
The specific functions of this position include the following:
A. Creates, implements, and maintains strategic sourcing strategies for a pre-defined commodity
portfolio to support Aerospace requirements.
B. Undertakes spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection to agreed processes
C. Develops and implements commodity strategies in line with Corporate, Divisional, and site
initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain
D. Manages commodity and implementation teams in delivering supply chain strategies within project
E. Builds cost models (TAC/should cost) to validate commodity strategies and to understand cost
F. Coordinates all activities with Corporate, Group, Division and site mgt. Working with the Site
Supply Chain leads, this individual will manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of
Eaton. Some of these relationships may be of strategic significance to Eaton; others will be of
a more tactical nature
G. Develops a commodity supply base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage for Eaton
Aerospace, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of
H. Drives savings expectations in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
I. Monitors/reports on priority projects and savings.
• Ensures that agreed strategic sourcing targets for cost reduction are met in the commodity
portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement Plan targets and year on year
• Provides commodity support to New Program Teams as required including costs, schedules, and
• Negotiations and management of cost models for suppliers to include 'hard' money (such as
price, volume discounts, etc.) and 'soft' money (such as expertise, technical backup, etc.)
in the context of Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) and Total Opportunity Cost (TOC).
• Identification and delivery of opportunities for cost reduction.
• Provides input for annual and long-term savings target-setting.
J. Trains business-wide Supply Chain personnel on Strategic Sourcing process.
K. Ensures appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and
feedback of results
The preferred criteria for this position are as follows:
• Detailed knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements
• Multiple years of related professional experience
• Develop and Lead a high performing, cross-divisional Commodity Strategy
• Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding
production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and
tool sets as they relate to Supplier Quality (8D, 5 why, and Pareto tools)
• Analytical skills- Ability to assemble financial data and perform higher level analysis
(IRR, NPV, TCO, etc.)
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Ability to interface at all levels. Excellent communication skills at all levels of the
• Thorough understanding of commodity, materials, processes as well as special processes.
• Thorough knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost
• Bias for action/ability to get results…self-starter and good decision making skills
• Leads change within the organization
• Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for
improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year.
• Ability to coordinate cross-site, multi-functional objectives.
• Ability to develop sub-commodity strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain
• Develop and lead an implementation team to deliver the commodity strategies
• Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and
process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts,
Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical
• Detailed understanding of ISO9000, QS9000, ITAR, NADCAP, AS9001.
• Capable to Develop Value Stream Maps and Business Case Analyses
• Strong ability to positively influence others. Creative thinker. Team Builder.
• Strong planning/project management skills
• Strong PC application skills. Including complement of Microsoft Office Software.
• Experience in an Aerospace environment (preferred), background and/or knowledge
in Machining, Metals, or castings. Manufacturing industry experience.
• Experience with Oracle,
MFG/Pro, Cognos or other equivalent software packages.
• Prior Management experience (direct and dotted line) strongly preferred.
Eaton - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...