Eaton Corporation’s Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Commodity Manager to work in our location in Los Angeles, CA. This position is responsible to strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies throughout Aerospace operations to improve performance metrics (quality, cost, delivery, technical, commercial, and financial). The role will require familiarity with the complete range of strategic sourcing activities including spend analysis, strategy formulation, contract negotiations, strategic supplier relationship management, supplier quality, and global awards. Candidate remains accountable for the implementation of Aerospace-wide sourcing commodity strategies and development and compliance at site level across multiple sites.
Manages a commodity within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to improve supply chain by managing the following:
• Commodity and negotiation strategies including global sourcing
• Supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and supply base rationalization
• Material Management solutions, including Vendor Managed Inventory and consignment stock
• Logistics – lowest total cost, Kitting, Integration strategies
• Deploy Eaton Corporation’s supplier agreements/terms to the Aerospace supply base
The specific functions of this position also include the following:
A. Creates, implements, and maintains strategic sourcing strategies for a pre-defined commodity
portfolio to support Aerospace requirements.
B. Undertakes spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection to agreed processes
C. Develops and implements commodity strategies in line with Corporate, Divisional, and site
initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain
D. Manages commodity and implementation teams in delivering supply chain strategies within
E. Builds cost models (TAC/should cost) to validate commodity strategies and to understand cost
F. Coordinates all activities with Corporate, Group, Division and site mgt. Working with the
Site Supply Chain leads, this individual will manage relationships with suppliers on behalf
of Eaton. Some of these relationships may be of strategic significance to Eaton; others will
be of a more tactical nature.
G. Develops a commodity supply base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage for Eaton
Aerospace, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of
H. Drives savings expectations in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
I. Monitors/reports on priority projects and savings.
• Ensures that agreed strategic sourcing targets for cost reduction are met in the
commodity portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement Plan targets
and year on year cost reductions.
• Provides commodity support to New Program Teams as required including costs, schedules,
• Negotiations and management of cost models for suppliers to include 'hard' money (such as
price, volume discounts, etc.) and 'soft' money (such as expertise, technical backup,
etc.) in the context of Total Acquisition Cost (TAC) and Total Opportunity Cost (TOC).
• Identification and delivery of opportunities for cost reduction.
• Provides input for annual and long-term savings target-setting.
J. Trains business-wide Supply Chain personnel on Strategic Sourcing process. Possesses the
Leadership skills, Management experience, and drive to manage others on both solid and dotted
line basis in the immediate future.
K. Ensures appropriate performance measure (Quality, Cost and Delivery) of supply base and
feedback of results.
Eaton - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...