Work within a team environment to source, develop and manage suppliers of specific commodities and related tooling and equipment. Provide leadership in the procurement and logistics management of goods in a manner that emphasizes the best product cost, service and delivery while constantly seeking continuous improvement opportunities in meeting the requirements of our customers, shareholders and employees. In all aspects of the job, function in an ethical and professional manner in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries public image.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Analyze company level data, supplier data and competitive benchmark data to achieve targeted performance gains in improved cost, quality and service (delivery).
- Select and approve suppliers in conjunction with quality assurance and engineering staff that meet customer requirements for delivery, cost, and quality.
- Work with design engineering in the selection and procurement of materials for new products.
- Continually seek improvements in reduction of vendor base, inventory levels, and overall supply chain efficiency.
- Develop and work closely with key suppliers to reduce lead times and inbound logistics.
- Ensure contractual compliance from suppliers in regards to quality, quantity, and price.
- Continuously improve supplier’s quality performance.
- Ensure vendors are implementing and using an approved quality system.
- Report monthly variance to cost reduction targets.
- Report PPV (Purchase Price Variance) on monthly basis and take steps to improve.
Implementation and Change
- Utilize analytical skills to reduce complexity and give perspective to situations.
- Assess opportunities and risks to give recommendations for future direction.
- Participate with management team in developing supply chain strategy.
- Show a proactive approach to change and encourage continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Show initiative and be decisive in the decision making process.
- Be sensitive to all requirements and expectations while having a deep understanding of the commodities in which we purchase.
- Understand how value is created through the entire supply chain.
- Present yourself and the company professionally in all dealings with suppliers / customers.
- Inspire a sense of responsibility and loyalty to the company.
- Lead by example and maintain a sense of trust, fairness, and credibility to the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to use PC and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), Lotus Notes.
- Ability to learn new software packages as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company).
Phillips & Temro Industries - 15 months ago