The Commodity Manager develops the commodity strategies for which they are assigned. This includes supplier relationships, contractual obligations for the company, negotiations for long-term advantage, and communication within Vermeer and with the supplier base to assist internal customers to support their strategic needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Lead cross functional teams to develop commodity strategies to achieve total cost improvements, lead time reductions, and overall supply rationalization. Manage year over year price improvements.
Create strategic and robust plan to ensure positive value is achieved through a systematic approach for a specific group of products.
This includes inventory management, lead-time reductions, lower costs, and quality assessments.
Coordinate with purchasing and materials managers to align goals and mitigate any risk associated with the commodity. Enhance supplier relationships and review performance metrics to support production needs both short and long-term.
Develop a clear understanding of the market forces and conditions that drive each commodity and set strategies to guide those forces effectively. Develop annual “cost down strategies” with key suppliers that support Vermeer’s goals.
Lead internal management groups to support their long-term strategic need for a commodity.
Administer supplier audits, site reviews, and any supply breakdowns due to not meeting expectations agreed upon by supplier.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of strategic procurement experience; and/or
equivalent combination or education and experience required preferably in Supply Management, Project Management, Engineering or Business
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Knowledge of warehouse inventory management, blue prints, contract law, purchase orders, blanket orders, marketing and sales data.
- Ability to work with others in difficult situations managing conflict and taking ownership for commodity projects.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task to meet deadlines and customer’s expectations.
- Ability to work with suppliers in a professional manner and negotiate best total cost benefit for the organization.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error free-free documents in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Vermeer’s ERP system and be able to access data as required.
Certified Professional in Supply Management preferred, but not required.
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D employer
Jan 31, 2013, 2:32:41 PM
Vermeer Corporation - 8 months ago
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...