GGP has an immediate need for a Common Area Coordinator at Valley Plaza Mall in Bakersfield, CA.
General Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer every day. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The Common Area Coordinator (Coordinator, Business Development, Sponsorship and Marketing Programs) works under the direction of the Mall Manager and serves as the contact for the Business Development, Strategic Partnership and Marketing representatives of the property.
Key responsibilities of this position include extensive tenant interaction, planning and implementing center-wide promotional strategies and events, ensuring compliance with mall common area usage policy and procedures, public relations, revenue generation and acts as a liaison with the corporate office, vendors and the public.
Responsibilities include the following :
- Works closely with the Mall Manager and Operations Manager to ensure tenant compliance with center guidelines
- Event coordination and planning
- Assists in coordinating kiosk / tenant move in and move out
- Coordinate retailer merchandise displays
- Schedule and organize quarterly retailer meetings
- Oversee gift card sales operations
- Strategic Communication - with advertising, public relations and in-mall messaging including tenant newsletter
- Leasing / Specialty Leasing involvement
- Facilitate license agreement administration
- Revenue generation / sponsorship involvement
- Assist with budget management
- Maintain files, collect rent and sales information from retailers
- Generate and review financial reports and notify corporate accounting of any issues
- Responsible for maintaining and updating retailer listings in mall directories
- Mall website maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing the administrative details for short term leases, sponsorship agreements and storage agreements
- Update and maintain revenue tracking tool for short term leases
- Resolve customer complaints and communicate any issues to the General Manager and Business Development Representative for the property
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2 years of experience preferably in Marketing, Event Planning, Project Coordination, Retail or Real Estate; Accounting background a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and learn independently and in a team situation
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and tasks effectively and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Self-motivated, proactive individual with a positive attitude
- Ability to read and understand standard business documentation (e.g. contract language)
- Excellent PC, Excel, MS Word and PPT
General Growth Properties, Inc. - 17 months ago
General Growth Properties (GGP) has an idea for an economic stimulus plan: Let's all hang out at the mall! GGP is the country's #2...