Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, this position is responsible for coordinating the development and dissemination of marketing and communications products and messages for the Institute as well as the individual grants and programs within it. Responsibilities also include providing the necessary support to execute the organization's Communications and Marketing Plan.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or closely related field, and at least three years of related experience involving progressive responsible duties requiring discretion and independent judgment.
2. Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
3. Excellent writing and copy editing skills including working knowledge of APA Style.
4. Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) and knowledge of HTML and CSS.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the general public.
6. Strong customer service skills.
7. History of and willingness to stay up to date on the latest technology that support communications and marketing efforts.
8. Experience with Social Media.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Experience with email marketing systems (e.g. Constant Contact, MailChimp, Vertical Response).
2. Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (e.g. SalesForce, CiviCRM).
3. Experience in higher education and/or nonprofit organizations.
Additional Job Information:
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required documents when applying online: cover letter and resume.
Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
No, this position is not responsible for supervision
If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
Does not apply
Background check may be required prior to employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
50-Clerical and Secretarial
Additional Salary Information:
Starting hourly rate normally not to exceed the quartile.
Salary is complemented by a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Design, develop, and execute the production of marketing and dissemination materials including brochures, posters, fliers, advertisements, signage, postcards, booklets, manuals, and other publications and collateral that support larger organizational needs as well as individual programs/projects.
Utilizing the latest standards and best-practices, develop web-based communications products, including html emails and website content with a strong emphasis on accessibility.
Develop content for press releases, emails, newsletters, websites, reports, marketing materials and other publications.
Coordinate projects and billing with vendors including designers, printers, and mail services. Maintain vendor files including invoices and track expenses.
Serve as an active member in organizational teams including Events, Administration, and Bookstore.
Maintain organizational and constituent contacts within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), conduct research to expand database, and generate custom mailing lists for marketing and outreach.
Assist in the preparation and organization of exhibits at disability-related conferences and events. Serve as the organization's representative at local, regional, and national conferences.
Maintain the organization's media and publications archives.
Provide the necessary administrative support to successfully implement the organization's Communication and Marketing Plan.
Serve as the back-up for the Bookstore Coordinator when needed.
University System of New Hampshire - 18 months ago