Communication & Pursuits Strategist (Atlanta)
As Communications and Pursuits (CaPS) Assistant Director, you'll manage multiple aspects of business pursuits for a Sub-Area. You'll lead the team to develop and implement marketing and pursuit strategies that produce specific results. You'll also confirm that all steps of the proposal process adhere to firm guidelines.
In this role, you'll also be responsible for coaching, helping staff convey information and ideas clearly and concisely, using a variety of media. This will engage the audience and help them retain the message. In addition, you'll act as the local and national CaPS champion. You'll manage the work of others, and although you'll receive general direction, will be expected to work independently.
- Consults with Business Development and Sub-Area leaders, to produce pursuit materials that achieve specific results. Establish an effective way to complete team projects
- Provide ongoing proposal strategy and support. Gain adherence to all steps of the pursuit proposal process, and confirm high quality content and end product
- Help Business Development executives identify pursuit opportunities, through market research, account plan review and client meetings (for those accounts that do not have an account coordinator)
- Manage and supervise a team of professional pursuit strategists. Confirm staff members receive training and development to develop their skills. Hire staff members and manage their performance
- Control the workflow to deliver objectives on time. Develop and maintain metrics on team performance. Give feedback to Business Development leaders on the team's contributions
- Build relationships with industry/practice leaders. Come up with opportunities to create strategic alliances with partners, Business Development executives, senior managers, practices and other Areas, to help achieve business goals
- Develops high quality proposals, qualification documents, presentations and other meeting documents
- Present and share knowledge on developments and trends. This may be gained from learning events or other media
- Work with other CaPS managers and national professionals, to make the most of leading practices
- Develop and manage a quality control program for all deliverables
- Apply advanced principles and concepts to the pursuits and communications process
- Act as project manager for medium/large proposals, or oversee significant portions of major or highly complex proposals
Knowledge and skills requirements
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Planning, time management and organizational skills
- A strong working knowledge of a professional services organization
- A minimum of 8-10 years related experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years directly managing, developing and training a team of pursuit strategists and proposal writers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Ernst & Young - 16 months ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...