The Communication Center Associate is responsible for answering, triaging and directing telephone calls coming into the main switchboard. They are responsible for entering physician on call data into the computer system in a timely manner, maintaining operations of the paging system, and supporting Patient Registration functions. This position is located in the main hospital.
1. Graduate of high school or GED required. Associate Degree or
extensive college course work preferred.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy is required.
4. Must be able to type at least 45 WPM, operate general office equipment including but not limited to Multi-line Telephones, Fax machine, Copier, Printer, Scanner and Ten-Key Calculator.
5. Understanding of department services and medical terminology is desired.
6. Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
7. Physically capable of sitting for long hours with repetitive motion related to data entry, standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
8. Excellent Customer Service skills, and the ability to multi-task is required.
Allegiance Health - 12 months ago