Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
Flipboard's marketing team is looking for a great designer to help communicate the Flipboard brand across all of its channels. The marketing team is responsible for communicating the Flipboard brand to users, publishers, advertisers, and key platform hardware and software partners all over the world.
Responsibilities will include everything from designing product marketing pages, advertising collateral, user education videos and product tours, brand campaigns for both Flipboard and its advertisers, and much more.
You will collaborate with multiple teams across the company including product managers, interaction designers, partner managers, software engineers, and editors to consistently and clearly present the Flipboard brand.
The right designer will have experience working in a variety of media types and clarity of thought that comes through in all their work and communications. An ability to not just embrace but thrive an environment that moves quickly, with many degrees of freedom is critical. We're looking for self-starters who are constantly focused on improving their own skills while tackling interesting problems, not just their own, with design thinking.
- Design all product and brand marketing pages
- Lead development of product tours and all user education material
- Work with partners to develop any Flipboard brand and advertising collateral
- Translate advertising and publishing partner requests into brand proposals and campaigns
- Share and receive design wisdom on your work and that of your design peers
- Champion design thinking while working with teams from across the company
- Help continue to make Flipboard a fun and exciting place to work
- 3+ years design experience, including creative branding work across multiple media including web and print
- Deep knowledge design fundamentals including typography and grid systems
- HTML + CSS skills
- Excessive attention to detail
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to manage yourself and your projects from end to end
- Please provide a link to an online portfolio showing range of projects and work that are applicable to the responsibilities and requirements listed
Why Join Flipboard
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product, the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks- healthy and otherwise.
Flipboard - 16 months ago
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It's the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around...