The Communications Director will lead MFRI (Military Family Research Institute) in developing and implementing communication strategies. The Director will coordinate all communications activities of MFRI, including communication with external audiences, interactions with the media and preparation of accountability reports.
- Master's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Five years of experience developing marketing, communications and/or public relations strategies.
- Experience supervising staff to implement those strategies.
- Experience with designing, writing and editing using a variety of media, including print, electronic and mass media.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to coordinate staff members, including prioritizing work loads to meet deadlines and coordinating many simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent verbal/written/interpersonal communication.
- Ability to use computer technology to design and produce a variety of reports, marketing materials and documents.
- Ability to design and implement marketing, public relations and communications strategies.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed within and beyond Indiana.
- Experience within military family and/or family prevention programs.
- Travel within and beyond Indiana is required for this position.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.
Purdue University - 4 months ago
Purdue University was founded in 1869 as a Land Grant College of Indiana, and opened with an initial enrollment of 39 students in 1874....