Work with faculty and staff to devise and implement a department wide communication strategy. Stay abreast of communication technology changes and adjust strategy accordingly. Oversee the department|
's web site and social media accounts. Coordinate, manage, and/or deliver communications related professional development programs for faculty and staff within the department. In collaboration with the department head and associate heads, devise, implement and maintain a robust department-wide communications strategy. Collaborate with department faculty and staff to develop new content and formats to promote impactful knowledge dissemination.
- Master's degree in area of social sciences, communications, marketing, public relations or similar related fields.
- Four years of experience developing and disseminating educational information to the lay public.
- Additional experience in public policy and/or agro-industry communications.
- Experience in strategy and project development.
- Experience in multiple communication platforms (e.g., video, audio, printed media and social media) with the ability to adapt to new platforms, as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build work relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities.
- Effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Experience and willingness to develop basic skills in HTML, JAVA and other coding platforms for web based communication.
- Website design and management.
- Corporate/ Business social media management.
- Development, implementation and management of department/business communication strategy.
- Video production and management.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Purdue University - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Purdue University was founded in 1869 as a Land Grant College of Indiana, and opened with an initial enrollment of 39 students in 1874....