Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights – Communications Intern
The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, a progressive human rights organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Communications Intern to assist in projects in the Communications Department.
Since 1968, The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights (RFK Center) has been defending human rights and working to realize Robert Kennedy’s dream of a more peaceful and just world. The RFK Communications department shapes the public image of the RFK Center through publishing press releases relevant to the Center and its work, drafting and editing speeches, and maintaining the online presence of the RFK Center.
Communications interns will be asked to perform a variety of tasks in order to help the Communications Team, including, but not limited to:
• Monitoring various media sources for news updates relevant to the RFK Center and its work
• Assisting in the planning, writing, and editing of materials for media use
• Assisting in the updating and maintenance of the RFK Center’s social media presence
• Translating press documents (if applicable) on an as-needed basis
• Providing administrative support to the Communications staff on an as-needed basis
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college and have a demonstrated interest in human rights. Candidates must be tech savvy with experience in using social media, web editing platforms, and/or online databases. Knowledge of foreign languages preferred, but not required: Italian, Spanish, French, or Arabic. Please note that internships are unpaid.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, list of one or more references, and a brief writing sample. Email applications preferred.
SUBJECT: “Intern - Communications”
• Mail: Intern Coordinator, Robert F Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, 1300 19th St, NW Suite 750, Washington, D.C. 20036
• Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the following deadlines: Spring applications are due December 2. Summer applications are due April 1. Fall applications are due June 15.