Liberty Diversified International, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a family-owned group of diverse businesses. While the company’s roots can be found in the corrugated fiberboard business, today LDI spans a number of key markets including paper and packaging, precision machining, workplace environments and building products. With operations in the North America, Europe and Asia, LDI employs more than 1,400 people around the globe.
For nearly 100 years, LDI’s core values – Caring, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – have guided the organization’s day-to-day activities. LDI is comprised of eight separate companies, each of which has its own direction, entrepreneurial spirit, expertise and product lines.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for day-to-day planning and implementation of Liberty Diversified International internal and external communication efforts. The communications specialist is a part of the Human Resources Department and reports to the Communications Manager
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Manage overall execution of editorial strategy via print, in-person, and online vehicles including bi-weekly newsletter, as well as weekly LDI Updates and LDI Communications.
- Research and write editorial content
- Edit stories submitted by in-house experts and lay out publication
- Ensure consistent application of Associated Press style and LDI graphic standards
- Ensure editorial strategy establishes clear linkages with what we do, why we do it and why it matters by reinforcing the LDI culture and brand messages in all communications
- Create messaging that increases team member awareness and understanding of company strategy and goals
- Co-manage the LDI recognition program
- Administer and publicize LDI’s ‘Cite’ation program and the CITE awards
- Lead LDI Editorial Board including planning monthly meetings, recruit and rotate board membership, and leverage board to develop story leads and business news
- Serve as back-up for the Communications Manager to handle communication issues including communication plans, announcements and special events
- Work with Human Resources team to provide communications support for major company events
- Maintain day-to-day activities of the intranet including timely refreshes of key sites and pages
- Keep abreast of current and future trends, methodologies to improve overall effectiveness of internal communications activities
- Recommend and execute improvements using existing and emerging technologies like social media
Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to be flexible and able to think outside of the box
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of creativity in regards to communication
- Ability to work in high-energy, fast paced environment
- Demonstrate understanding of social media concepts
Only candidates who meet the above requirements will be considered. No relocation. No phone calls or recruiters please.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in communication, multi-location environment preferred
- Experience in writing and designing electronic communication and print media in a professional setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Social Networking and Video
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
LDI - Corporate Headquarters (2100100)
Liberty Diversified International - 10 months ago
Safco Products Company, a division of Liberty Diversified Industries, was founded over 35 years ago with a small offering of corrugated stor...