Provide installation and repair service to Windstream customers
Residential Installation and Repair:
- Climb telephone poles and use ladders to provide service
- Interpret work drawings and instructions, complete paper and HHT work
- Work with other communication groups to provide service as needed
- Sell and promote WINDSTREAM products and services
- Ability to work scheduled tour, overtime, callouts, standby and late shifts as required
- Verify / install service order related activities, dealing with both software and hardware as required
- Operate hand held computer for retrieving and clearing job tasks
- Other duties as assigned regardless of classification, including those outside of job description
Business Installation and Repair:
- Provide installation and repair services to residential and basic business customers including, but not limited to data, POTS, Internet service and equipment
- Provide installation and repair services to business customers including, but not limited to data, POTS, Internet service and equipment
- Install, test and repair of Access line, Key and PBX equipment
- Install, test and repair all related IW and interior cabling
In addition to acceptable attendance, punctuality and satsificatory work performance on the current job, the following skills and experience will be required for the above position.
- Install, splice, test and repair wiring, cable, telephone, main frame, MDF, wiring, perform cable pressurization
- Splice new and existing cable, copper and fiber
- Locate and repair cable problems, and use cable testing equipment
- Complete cut work as directed
- Ability to lift and control a 28’ ladder, weight 70 lbs., plus 6 lb. Levelizer
- Ability to distinguish colors in a cable
- Good to excellent communication skills
- Good to excellent mechanical ability
- Ability to climb using ladder and/or gaffs and to work aloft (must pass WINDSTREAM Pole Climbing Course)
- Ability to use test equipment
- Good to excellent computer skills preferred
- Basic understanding of electronic theory preferred
- Must be neat in appearance
- Ability to work in confined spaces; manholes
- Ability to write legibly, to prepare neat and accurate records
- Ability to attend training, local and out-of-state
- Ability to work at any assigned location
- Must accept responsibility for work performance and continual development
- Ability to attend and complete training schools / classes, both in house and out of town / state
- Willing to be flexible and dependable
- Train new employees on daily job functions
- Ability to respond and report to designated location for a stand by / callout within 60 minutes
- Work and operate hand / power tolls in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to learn / use company software, hardware, and related systems
3-5 years experience with installation or maintenance of telecommunications voice & data network service & equipment or equivalent education.
High School or GED Equivalent required, plus two-year technical degree in computers or electronics or the equivalent in work experience desired.
Ohio Drivers License, CDL License or ability to obtain one, must maintain a safe driving record. Compliance with Weight Restrictions/Safe Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders.
Equipment Used/Working Environment:
Test equipment, Laptop PC, Ladders, Climbing hooks, Hand & Power tools, Vehicle
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream is not just a Fortune 500 company. We’re also the provider of choice for four out of five Fortune 500 companies for data,...