• Create and maintain active relationships with local and national media including print and electronic
• Work with Vocations and Office of Mission Advancement and other directors to strengthen relationships with various province constituencies, including Society for Vocational Support. St. Dominic Mission Society. Shrine of St. Jude, Dominican Laity and various other sodalities and groups related to the Order.
• Build relationships and confidence with members of the Province, whom the Provincial office serves.
• Develop relationships with new constituents by the use of social media
• Manage relationships with various communication vendors, including webpage managers, public relations specialists, photographers, printers.
• Maintain relationships with our ministries, especially Fenwick High School and Aquinas Institute of Theology.
Writing and Editing:
• Write news releases, articles for Catholic publications and internal communications for Province members;
• Edit DomCentral, our quarterly newsletter and work with Shrine Director to produce the St. Jude Chronicle for patrons of the Shrine of St. Jude.
• Assist with writing of various appeals letters and promotional materials for Shrine, Vocations Office, Office of Mission Advancement;
• Assist Staff of New Priory Press with publicity and production as necessary.
• Oversee all printing and graphics needs for various Provincial offices; negotiate printing and mailing contracts for same.
• Assure compliance with brand directives and graphics standards for all departments;
• Prepare annual budget for Communications Department
• Supervise additional communication staff that may be hired in the future
Several years' journalistic or marketing experience, bachelor's degree, strong writing and editing skills, some theology course work or ministry experience. Ability to build and maintain media relations and presence, manage our evolving "brand," and to put communications skills at the service of development and vocations.
Archdiocese of Chicago - 15 months ago