Job Title: Communications Analyst
Location: Washington, DC (near L’Enfant Plaza Metro)
Type: Full-Time Position. Exempt.
Compensation: $55,000 - $70,000 salary. Full benefits offered.
SDSE has a Communications Analyst opening with the Office of Human Capital at the U.S. Department of Energy located in Washington, DC. This position reports to the Program Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide strategic communication to both internal and external stakeholders in support of the Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) implementation project.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as the strategic communication lead for the HR Service Delivery (HRSD) Team and is responsible for planning, initiating and managing the communication materials and general messaging of the HRSD implementation project with key stakeholders.
- Serves as the day-to-day manager of communication and messaging for the HRSD project; identifies and executes innovative approaches to messaging that furthers the understanding of the HRSD project among stakeholders. Develops a schedule for routine messaging from the HRSD project manager and Core Team to stakeholders at all levels, including Executives, HR personnel, hiring managers and employees.
- Evaluates communication methods and develops a diverse strategy for ensuring widespread understanding of the HRSD project and progress made towards implementation. Creates varied communication materials including newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, communications packages for use at field level, etc. Creates an on-line presence for the HRSD project capitalizing, on existing technologies, to be used as an information repository for interested stakeholders.
- Develops and executes the short-term vision for the communications strategy for the HRSD project. Assists with strategic communication requirements for HRSD project manager and Core Team, including presentation development, talking points and professional writing. Develops a consistent internal and external corporate brand messaging strategy that is reflected across all product and service programs.
- Develops briefing material in support of project deliverables; develops and maintains a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), made available to all stakeholders; maintains the HRSD public email account and prepares responses for all questions, evaluating re-occurring questions for inclusion into the FAQ file.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a focus on communication, public relations, business, or similar discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in regards to planning, implementing, and supporting communications for successful mission and/or project completion.
- Experience developing marketing materials and disseminating information through various communications mediums.
- Ability to manage a project and communicate project status with stakeholders effectively.
- Skilled in the MS Office Suite to include Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Knowledge of Human Resources (HR) operations, procedures, and regulations preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on communication and flexibility. The work consists of a dynamic set of requirements that have the potential to change daily and require flexibility in responding to the needs of the HRSD project manager and Core Team in support of consistent and clear communication of the HRSD project. Decisions regarding work products involve consideration of differences in perspective and the needs of the audience. Steps and procedures required to complete assignments are varied and numerous.
- Knowledge of corporate communications and public relations within a multi-variant stakeholder community.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of detailed work in a fast-paced environment with a general understanding of routine aspects of HR service delivery.
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of digital and social media for effective corporate communication, including online communities, and other digital marketing tools.
- The HRSD project manager and or Core Team sets the overall objectives for new work or advises of changes in general procedures, deadlines, and priorities. Recurring duties are performed independently. Completed work is spot checked for adequacy of overall product, accuracy and the conformance with instructions and procedures.
- Purpose of the work is to relieve the HRSD project manager and Core Team of the ad hoc and routine communications work of the office. The work affects the accuracy and reliability of further processes. The position(s) are front-line support for a Secretarial initiative, and as such reflect the overall image and capability of the organization.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.