Open Doors USA
Would you like more than a job? Would you like to find a place where your passion and love for God and missions intersect with your work expertise and knowledge? Then consider joining us at Open Doors USA (ODUSA). We are a dynamic, Christian ministry with the mission and passion to serve persecuted Christians around the world. Our roots reach back to 1955 with the ministry of Brother Andrew, known for being God’s Smuggler , who began by taking Bibles to believers behind the Iron Curtain. Today, ODUSA has a part in continuing his ministry to persecuted Christians in over 60 countries.
We are looking for a highly motivated, team player who is passionate about serving the persecuted church to fill our part time position as a Communications Assistant . The Communications Assistant provides excellent customer service through the main Open Doors email account and main phone line. The job duties include responding to the main Open Doors email account, answering the main Open Doors phone line and receiving phone donations in a timely, professional and accurate manner. In addition, the Communications Assistant will assist with varied administrative tasks such as reception desk coverage including answering the front door, accepting deliveries, and greeting visitors and special events. The Communications Assistant may also assist in processing mail and shipping & receiving when needed.
Must have qualifications:
EDUCATION, Knowledge and EXPERIENCE
- Christ centered behavior, treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity
- Incorporates into their work style the core values of Open Doors
- Demonstrates a passion to serve persecuted Christians
- The ability to communicate in a polite, professional and articulate manner
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- A self-starter
- The ability to prioritize the most important elements of their work
- The ability to provide accurate information for constituents who inquire
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- The ability to use mail processing machinery
For consideration, please send a cover letter and current resume as an MS Word attachment to employment odusa.org.
- High school diploma or GED, some college preferred (in Communications or English a plus)
- Experience in the field of Communications or customer service
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- 2 years ago - save job