Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa) , an award-winning information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting applications for the full time open position of Educational Outreach/Communications Assistant. This position is located in Washington, DC within the Department of Energy Office of Science:
Under general supervision and direction the Assistant will support the on-going development and implementation of outreach and communication efforts.
- Provides assistance in coordinating company outreach materials for presentations, website, events and public displays.
- Generates outreach and communications reports and tracks budgets.
- Arranges interviews, researches and fact checks press releases and other news materials, and monitors media coverage. Develops creative outreach avenues.
- Maintains stock of outreach collateral material to include brochures, customer lists, awards, and accolades.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers various data.
- Designs and coordinates systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence for executive level’s approval and alert writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive level’s viewpoints; make recommendations to resolve problems that might arise.
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
- Any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field plus 1 year of experience.
- Excellent writing and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public relations tools working with a variety of traditional and social media.
- Experience and knowledge of the Washington, D.C. area and/or federal government political, social, educational, and business organizations is preferred.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Information International Associates Inc. - 11 months ago