Blue State Digital (BSD), a strategic consulting and technology firm, seeks promising individuals with a passion for writing and new media to help execute online communications programs for our clients.
BSD advises and manages email advocacy, website/blog copy, social media and SMS programs for some of the country's most prominent advocacy organizations, charities, cultural and academic institutions, and corporate brands. Communications Associates help our clients grow membership and constituents, raise funds, and build public awareness.
The position will be located in New York or Washington DC.
- Write first drafts of emails, blog posts, website copy, social media and SMS content
- Assist with the production of communications audits, plans, presentations and calendars. Plans often focus on email, but also include blog/website copy, social media, SMS, advertising, video, etc.
- Load clients' emails, landing pages and website copy into CMS/CRM systems; typically that means Blue State Digital tools and ExpressionEngine, but may include Convio, Salsa, MailChimp, ConstantContact, Wordpress, and other systems
- Proofread copy using our thorough checklisting system to make sure nothing goes out with a mistake
- Coordinate with BSD's analytics team to test, segment and report on our programs' performance
- Conducts research and analysis as needed for clients
- Perform other duties as required
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Blue State Digital offers a competitive benefits plan. BSD is an equal opportunity employer.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills on short deadlines. 1-2 years experience writing online copy for a political campaign, nonprofit organization, corporation or publication preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Technically proficient (some knowledge of HTML, basic design programs, and Excel)
- Ability to manage many projects at once, from assignment to delivery
- Ability to think creatively under pressure
- Work well with a variety of departments and key actors. This is a team atmosphere - you're not going solo
- Comfortable talking to clients on the phone and in-person as needed
- Sense of humor and ability to thrive in a startup atmosphere (loft-type offices, ping pong tables, the occasional office dog, etc)
- Occasional travel (mostly between New York and Washington DC)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Blue State Digital - 2 years ago