CDC Development Solutions is seeking a Communications Associate to support our media and communications practice. This staff member will play an important role in supporting the growth and development of a new and growing department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with exceptional writing abilities who enjoys collaborating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment on a diverse range of communications, marketing, and outreach initiatives.
- Perform regular updates to online properties (New Global Citizen and CDS website)
- Manage mass email communication through Vertical Response
- Coordinate CDS social media presence
- Oversee collateral development for specific clients/purposes functions, including compelling PowerPoint Presentations and Adobe Creative Suite document and graphic editing
- Assist in the research and development of media collateral, including media lists, press releases, and other promotional material
- Assist in development of proposals for participation in external conferences
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist in external event logistics management
- Ensure style guide and grammatical consistency across public materials (copy editing)
- Perform other ad hoc duties in support of media relations, marketing, and outreach as needed
- Desired: Experience with basic to intermediate video editing and Prezi design
SALARY: This is a full time salaried position with excellent benefits.
- Strong digital and design proficiency, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, and web content management applications;
- Adept grasp of social media as a complex communications medium
- Conscientious and attentive to details and results;
- Carries out projects with high degree of autonomy;
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal; and
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Six months to two years of internship or entry-level experience in the field of communications, including public relations, public affairs, marketing, and promotion;
- Experience in the nonprofit or international development sector is considered a plus
idealist.org - 22 months ago