SolarCity currently is seeking a Communications Associate to play a key role in supporting all the company’s PR activities, including media relations, internal communications, materials development, public affairs, partner/vendor announcements, customer marketing and sales support. The Communications Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Communications and join a strong in-house team with years of experience in effective communications strategy, public policy issues, creative media relations, executive media training, and more.
- Manage inbound media requests, and follow up on PR leads
- Manage customer PR program, including identifying and qualifying potential media references
- Work with rest of communications team to identify appropriate media opportunities in all the regions where SolarCity operates
- Oversee research, coverage reporting, media contacts management
- Manage company awards and executive speaking programs.
- Help execute social media campaigns
- Successfully interface and support other PR related internal functions, particularly social media, marketing creative, event marketing, brand marketing, advertising and sales
- Assist with drafting press releases, media pitches, newsletter articles, social media content, Web content, marketing collateral, by-lined articles and other press materials as appropriate.
- Manage PR-related Web properties, including the online Press Kit, update continuously with news, awards, and media coverage. Update press page on solarcity.com and wiki
- Assist with the creation of a variety of customer marketing assets, including success stories, customer testimonials, case studies, quotes and other materials
The ideal candidate is passionate about a career in clean energy, holds some in-house or agency PR experience, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is sociable and works well with others, has the desire to learn, is willing to take initiative, knows how to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, and can maintain a sense of humor even under pressure.
- 2-3 years relevant in-house or agency experience, in-house PR experience preferred
- Team player, can work cross-functionally
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Proactive, willing to take the lead on some projects and contribute to others
- Ability to multi-task, possess strong organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, basic Web skills, and understanding of social media
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...