Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the position provides direct support for organizational communication needs. In partnership with assigned areas (such as Human Resources, Asset and Facilities, Physicians, Nursing, etc.) the position will lead system-level communication needs. In addition, the position supports internal newsletters as assigned. The position leads other internal communication activities as needed.
The position will research, develop and write internal communications materials. These responsibilities are accomplished through interaction and planning with departments and various leaders of specific strategic initiatives. The position works closely with the Communications staff to address internal communication needs for the organization.
Nature and Scope:
This individual, as assigned to specific priority communication areas, leads project teams and committees to implement tactics, adheres to budgets and meet deadlines. This position provides strategic, creative and technical expertise to assigned areas for communication plans from inception to completion.
· Works closely with leaders of assigned areas to determine communication needs.
· Write/edit materials to support communication objectives including, but not limited to, maps, fliers, announcements, letters, articles, fact sheets, presentations, brochures, emails, etc.
· Works closely with communication partners to ensure continuity of information between physician communications, nurse and employee communications, master plan communications, CEO communications, public relations and marketing. In addition, position serves as liaison to assigned areas (such as Human Resources, Asset and Facilities, Nursing and Physicians).
· Stays informed of healthcare industry internal communication trends in order to introduce new ideas to assigned areas.
This position, working with the Manager and Director, has the authority to establish communication guidelines, solve operational problems to ensure that the goals and objectives specified for assigned areas are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations and financial considerations.
· Coaches departments to effectively communicate with their teams and the organization guiding communication planning and identifying and reaching target audiences through various communication vehicles.
· Develops and implements communication guidelines and templates to assist leaders and staff members to be effective communicators.
· Actively participates and leads assigned communication team tactics.
· Supports organizational newsletters as assigned which may include oversight of all aspects of newsletter development and production.
· Identifies interview sources and writes persuasive copy .
· Oversees creative direction and implementation of collateral material, e.g., brochures, booklets, direct mail, flyers, newsletters, annual reports
· Provides direction for and assists with promotions and events enhancing employee communication.
· Provides writing support for speeches, presentations and other leadership communication needs.
· Coordinates and develops web site communications for intranet and Internet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Advanced writing and editing skills.
2. Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers and internal customers.
3. Knowledge and/or training to operate computer equipment (including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing) standard office equipment, and audiovisual equipment efficiently and accurately.
4. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Must exercise independent judgment regarding marketing related matters, provides direction and council to management.
5. Ability to effectively lead project teams and committees.
6. Ability to work in a system characterized by stress, intensity and a demand for a high-level performance with varied work hours.
7. Speak clearly, confidently and professionally to various public groups.
8. Must have a broad corporate perspective with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Work independently or as part of a team, depending on the specific project or circumstances.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Analytical skills to identify problems and obstacles and recommend the most appropriate solutions.
12. Must have advanced knowledge of theories, practices and principles of writing, editing and journalism or communications.
13. Must have considerable knowledge of publication preparation (including desktop publishing, printing operations, publication photography and publication design.
Must have considerable ability to adapt to and analyze changes in health care, as well as be creative and innovative in planning and writing material for a wide variety of audiences.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or other related degree required.
Minimum three years experience in communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, or similar field required; 1-3 years of healthcare experience preferred. Strong, demonstrable writing skills and experience required. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities, deadlines and projects required.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Renown Health - 18 months ago