Title Communications Center Radio Operator (SFO) Job # 15094BR Job Function Air/Ground Communication City Livermore State California Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 2 Job Description Incorporated December 2, 1929, Aeronautical Radio, Inc., was chartered by the Federal Radio Commission (later to become the Federal Communications Commission) to serve as the airline industry's "single licensee and coordinator of radio communication outside of the government." Presently, ARINC Rockwell Collins provides international and domestic air and ground communications to our major airline customers.
About the opportunity: ARINC Rockwell Collins is looking for someone to join our team in Livermore, California as a Communications Center Radio Operator. This is a rewarding and challenging position that affords you the opportunity to truly make a difference. If selected you will be working in a fast paced environment where customer service, quality of communication and the ability to multi-task are held in the highest regard. In order to ensure this, the position is focused on providing 24/7 support. Shift work is mandatory.
Responsibilities will include:
We will provide training on weather code symbols, Air Traffic Control and ARINC Rockwell Collincs communications regulations, procedures and abbreviations and the operation of all applicable equipment. This is taught within an ARINC Rockwell Collins sponsored training program that must be successfully completed in order to continue employment. It is our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Qualifications To be considered for this position you must have two (2) years of experience in military radio communications, call center customer service, help desk or radio dispatching. You must also be able to work in a fast paced environment where stressful situations, accuracy of work, multitasking, attention to detail and outstanding customer service are daily requirements.
- The operation of HF/VHF radio, computer, and telephone communication equipment.
- Receive, copy and deliver Air Traffic Control messages, clearances, advisories, and information requests.
- Manage and route air to ground and ground to air traffic, radio messages and communications for dispatchers, pilots, air traffic controllers and other authorized agents.Salary is $18.75/hour start. Increase to $20.00/hour after 6 months. After one year, your salary will increase to $21.00/hour.
Additional prerequisites of the position are:
Desired Experience: Ideally your experience will be in airline transportation services or public agency dispatching. Familiarity with the technical and operational terms encountered in aeronautical communication is also desired.
- Achieve a typing speed of 40 words per minute.
- Successfully pass a physical examination equivalent to an FAA Type II physical, drug testing and audiogram.
- Have resided within the United States for at least 3 consecutive years out of the last 5.
- Ability to pass a government sponsored background investigation to include fingerprinting, and either U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien status.
- Qualify to receive an FCC General Radio Telephone Operator’s License or a Restricted Radio telephone Operator Permit.
Minimum Education Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent in general education. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 11 months ago