The coordinator will work with Comcast's corporate government relations communications team in Washington, D.C. to create and execute communications strategies that support the company's legislative and federal regulatory advocacy and Washington, D.C. corporate reputation efforts. This position will provide administrative support to the vice president of corporate government relations communications, assist the team with issues that relate to the media (such as drafting communications materials, compiling targeted media lists, and tracking media coverage), and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders. This position is also responsible for executing database and list management and general corporate communications activities (such as event planning, coordination, and execution) that enhance and elevate the Comcast brand and corporate reputation amongst key audiences in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously with efficiency and effectiveness. S/he must be an excellent writer who can meet tight deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS: -Education Level Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Draft and coordinate press materials, including press releases, blog posts, email pitches, talking points, and social media updates
- Conduct research to assist with information gathering and data important to message development
- Track and compile media coverage surrounding specific announcements
- Compile and maintain targeted media lists
- Help coordinate and staff special events
- Provide administrative support to vice president, including calendar/meeting coordination, travel arrangements, and expense report management
- Maintain working knowledge of key issues in the media and technology industry
- Liaison with staff in Washington, D.C. to ensure seamless support for management team
- Other corporate communications projects and tasks assigned
- Preferred Field of Study Communications/Public Relations or Political Science
- Generally requires 1-2 years related experience (includes internships)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear, professional and pleasant manner
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in a highly effective manner
- Flexible to work at night and/or on weekends to complete projects and staff events as needed
- Working knowledge of Outlook as well as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of graphic design/Photoshop a plus
- Creates films, slides, or other visual presentations and plan
coordinates press releases.
- Writes promotional material, updates for social media sites and
interviews, and surveys.
- Assists in set up of press briefings and news conferences.
- Assists in set up of exhibitions and conferences.
- Carries out research and evaluations of published materials,
- Carries out projects after general review of framework has been agreed
check request, invitations, attendee lists, program book placements and
- Tracks and monitors invoices ensuring compliance with annual budget.
- Coordinates and tracks all sponsorship activities including declines,
other recognition, giveaways, executive participation (ex. talking
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...