Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University’s Office of the Executive Vice President of Strategic Educational Alliances is seeking a full time Communications Coordinator to work collaboratively within the team. The position will work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Partners and collaborates with various internal contacts, or customers, to coordinate activities, promote and encourage cooperation of submission or collection of information/data, products or services or process improvement.
- Manages the flow of activities and acts as liaison to all others involved in the operation.
- Remains current with technology to ensure processes, data, etc., are automated in the most efficient manner.
- Effectively communicates needs and acquires necessary information from contacts outside of department.
- Recommends solutions to issues or problems that may surface.
- May meet with or communicate with customers, clients, contacts, vendors, external to Grand Canyon University and ensures GCU is well represented
- May arrange meetings, events, activities, professional development classes, coordinating all logistical activities necessary with the appropriate department or external venue, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Prepares documentation, reports, progress information and performance metrics for presentation or review of management.
- May create or assist in design of promotional or marketing materials, coordinating activities such as graphic design, printing or distribution including social media platforms with the appropriate department.
- May manage budget, keeping track of expenses and submitting requests for payment, receiving authorization from department head.
- May maintain an inventory of promotional/office supplies, replenishing as needed and approved.
- Inputs and maintains data into various software applications such as MS Excel, internal databases, expense accounting, procurement, MS Access, websites, social media or conference scheduling software.
- Follows up with other departments to ensure information, data or activities are performed or delivered as necessary.
- Provides customer service support as needed for all the operation’s customers, internal and external contacts, employees, staff and management.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Journalism, communications, marketing, education or English emphasis preferred.
- Background in K12 education preferred.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Self directed in exploring and suggesting options when facing challenges.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet navigation.
- Experience in formatting and distributing electronic publications and/or developing web content a plus.
- Working knowledge of printing and graphic design processes a plus.
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
GCU’s exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan, an Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here.
Grand Canyon University provides a quality education from the context of our Christian heritage for both traditional students as well as working professionals. As a Christian university, it is our desire to help our students, both online and those living on campus, in their academic and spiritual journeys. To help our students find their purpose and achieve their full potential, we integrate our Christian worldview into everything we do. Our theological Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all Christiananity.
Grand Canyon University - 14 months ago
Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them to pursue...