This position is responsible for coordinating key communications functions for RTA, working closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and execute processes and projects in support of the Marketing group, internal departments and RTA as a whole.
Must be multi-tasked in coordinating marketing publications; agency events/public relations communications and marketing; logistical events and writes, edits and disseminates news/information.
- Acts as writer and editor for marketing and communications vehicles, both on and off line.
- Manages vendor bid process and quality service delivery including design, production and mailing services for customer newsletters, appeals, invitations, signage, displays, takeaways, posters, tickets and other collateral materials within budget and on time.
- Updates RTA general & program brochures, media kit, key messages, and fact sheets as needed.
- Works closely with Business Development and Promotions Specialist and Ridership Developer to develop an ongoing communications plans for events.
- Establishes point of order and calendar-driven plan for events promotion.
- Serves as writer, editor and reporter, collecting news through external and internal sources.
- Interviews industry sources to obtain editorial material partners and/or internal departments to obtain editorial material on programmatic and operational news.
- Sets up interviews with/for spokespeople.
- Coordinates photography for events, activities and for use in publications.
- Ensures appropriate releases are signed and filed.
- Assists in the coordination of media events including press conferences, television segments, etc.
- Works with Marketing Manager to establish and publish timelines for communications projects and an editorial calendar.
- Writes, produces and edits marketing communications materials for internal
- departments as requested, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintains style, logo and brand guidelines.
- Supports the missions and goals of the RTA.
- Requires punctuality and regular attendance.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other occasional work that may be assigned which would be similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Associates degree in Communications, Public or Media Relations, Journalism or related experience, at minimum three (3) – five (5) years experience in Communications/Marketing or Public Relations or related field.
Must possess superior writing and oral communication skills, Strong editing skills, Basic Microsoft Office computer skills, Basic design/layout experience (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher), Basic CMS, CSS knowledge, and some project management experience preferred.
This is an exempt Pay Grade 10 position with a starting salary of $30,165 – 37,707. Interested external candidates must complete an application/resume and send to RTA, 600 Longworth Street, Dayton, Ohio 45402 Attn: Human Resources OR can email resume to email@example.com
Attracting high-paying jobs, rebuilding schools, and investing in the state's security are all in a day's work for the Office of the...