This individual will assist in creating and executing strategic communications and branding materials and
programs, on both a long and short-term basis, to position the Museum of Science and Industry as a premiere
cultural attraction. The Communications Coordinator takes the lead on editing the internal newsletter and
managing content for the intranet, and writes and edits copy to be used in all forms of Museum communications.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary editor for myMSI, the Museum’s intranet
- Collect all-staff news and write MSI’s weekly staff newsletter
- Draft speaker notes for all-staff events
- Provide ongoing support for the Brand Council on priority projects including employee engagement
- Plan exhibit, program, Omnimax opening events for staff; manage budgets for staff events and communications.
- Support team training and communications in advance of openings and events
- Collaborate with Human Resources on increasing participation/awareness for important benefits and wellness initiatives
- Create monthly e-newsletters, to various audiences, in MSI’s web-based content management system
- Update MSI’s website to include upcoming events and programs
- Serve as a writer/editor for a variety of communication projects, both print and digital; work with graphic designers on creating materials for both tourist and education audiences
- Develop online and print communications for MSI’s retail and special events partners
- Collaborate with internal experts on answering guest comments and questions; create monthly report highlighting qualitative guest feedback.
- Share relevant employee stories and/or milestones with social media team for consideration
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, business marketing or English.
- Minimum of three years of professional public relations or communications experience. Previous experience in internal communications a plus.
- Must possess keen ability to listen carefully and synthesize information.
- Good strategic planning, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and willingness to “go the extra mile.”
- Excellent writing, verbal, editing and organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks and be accommodating to urgent projects.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) skills.
- Must be willing to be accessible outside of normal Museum business hours and be available for work
outside of Museum administrative hours, on occasion.
NPO.net - 21 months ago