Work closely with the Head of Communications and Director of Communications to help ensure the smooth running of the communications function at the Company.
OpenX is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter, and someone who is dedicated to telling the Company’s story while providing the highest level of quality and attention to detail.
- Prepare briefing documents for senior executives in advance of media interviews.
- Manage and maintain the communications database of journalists, analysts and bloggers.
- Research and maintain the annual calendar of speaking opportunities.
- Write, compile and collect conference panel and keynote content pitches.
- Write and help prepare blog posts in conjunction with senior executives where necessary.
- Assist in the monitoring of social media outlets.
- Prepare and distribute a daily round-up of leading industry news for internal consumption.
- Assist the communications team with research projects as needed.
- Speak to and assist journalists and photographers as needed.
- Research and maintain the annual calendar of awards and editorial opportunities, alerting the rest of the team when opportunities arise.
- Manage all media subscriptions, licensing and rights arrangements.
- Manage communications supplies, including official article reprints, media kits and other items required by the team.
- A solid working knowledge of technology and digital advertising as it relates to display, mobile and video advertising.
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional presentation skills with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- A real passion to work in a hard-charging start-up environment that is not overly structured.
- Highly organized, comfortable in managing multiple projects to tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Experience building strong personal relationships working well across different teams.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape (domestic and international, online and traditional) with a keen sense of how they operate.
- BA or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- 1-2 years communications/public relations experience, either in-house or agency-side.
- Experience in writing for different audiences.
- Familiarity with Cision, Radian6, HootSuite, and press release distribution services.
Openx - 22 months ago